Karen Barton, ClinPsyD, CPsychol
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERTISE
Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (University of Birmingham, 2006)
First Class Hons Psychology (University of Hull, 1998)
- More than 15 years NHS experience in assessment and treatment of all mental health difficulties (dementia, depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, psychosis)
- More than 10 years experience as a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist in secondary care mental health service.
- Assessment of the impact of mental health difficulties on functioning and employment opportunities.
- 100+ Medico-legal reports completed for Personal Injury, Immigration courts, Family Courts and Criminal Injury Compensation Authority Assessment of neuropsychological functioning
- Planning and delivery of psychological interventions to alleviate the mental health difficulties identified
- Trained EMDR and Compassion Focussed therapist, providing therapy and supervision.
- Accredited with BABCP
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Chartered member of the Clinical Division of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Accredited Practitioner of British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BABCP)
- Member of the Health Care Professions Council, reg no.PYL02336
- Member of the UK and Ireland EMDR Association
December 2015 – Present: Director and Principal Clinical Psychologist, Barton Psychology and Associates.
September 2008 – Present: Guest Lecturer Birmingham University.
March 2016 – July 2016: Interim Psychological Therapies Project Lead; Forward Thinking Birmingham.
Oct 2006 – February 2016: Principal Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Lead, Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health Trust.
January 2007 – December 2015: Director, New Day Clinical Psychology and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
January 2008 - January 2011: Clinical Psychologist, Psychosis Command Hallucinations (MRC) Trial, Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health Trust
October 2006 – April 2007: Clinical Psychologist, Primary Care and Families Team, Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health Trust
References available on request